Saturday, July 30, 2016

Alumni Post #1 -- Time flies and you're one of the big guys!

SURVIVING MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! My name is Shelby K.! I am a Sophomore at Crystal River High School. Now hearing 'Sophomore', you're probably thinking: 'She's one of the big guys! She's in High School!' But, believe it or not, I was in your shoes, starting a brand new school, with a bunch of new people, new teachers, new environment! It seems scary the first couple weeks. But trust me when I say, 'You're going to be okay!'.  I think the hardest part of starting Middle School is everything being unfamiliar. You go from knowing everyone for 5 years at one school, and becoming so familiar with the people, the school... Enough to know it like the back of your hand! Then to now entering what seems like this big world with many other people than just your friends. I remember my first day. I was so lost, so scared, and just didn't know what to think! My biggest fear was just completely humiliating myself. But I met a lot of very nice teachers to help me throughout the day, and even the other students were very nice. After a month or so, the school seems like it shrinks. It's not as big as it was when you first started. By that time, you've also made many new friends and have become more confident. My tips for surviving Middle School are to stay focused, always be bright, get involved as much as you can, always be on top of your game. Ask teachers questions if you have any. Never be afraid to ask! Always be true to yourself. Don't let anything get in your way of what you truly want in your future career or even yourself. There will be a lot of drama but it's always safe to stay away. And just enjoy Middle School while you can because the next 3 years go by really quick and the next thing you know, you're a Sophomore in High School! -- Shelby K.

No comments:

Post a Comment