Monday, August 1, 2016

Alumni Post #3 -- Don't be afraid to put yourself out there!

Middle School can be a confusing place, but there's one thing I remember from it most. It wasn't the dances or the friends, it was learning about where I can fit in. I've never been much of an out-going person. I've always been able to count my friends on my hand and my shyness definitely got the best of me. That being said, I was nervous about asking the guys if I could play basketball in gym. They didn't hesitate to say yes and put me on the team, but it still took me a while to come out of my shell. I'm still shy for the most part, though some of that shyness went away after those years of playing basketball with the boys. I guess my point of this is: Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. The worst anyone can do is say no. -- Kylie W.

No comments:

Post a Comment